Tax Season is here. For individuals and families earning less than $66,000, there is help. If this describes you or your family, make an appointment to see us at any of our three locations between January 29 and April 15, 2020.
There are steps, however, that you can take now to be prepared. See below the list of items to bring so that you know what paperwork you need to collect prior to your appointment.
In partnership with the United Way of the Bay Area and their Earn It, Keep It, Save It program, we provide free tax preparation to low- to moderate-income individuals, families and seniors. Why have us help?
- As a tax payer, you can trust the services. Your tax return will be prepared, and double-checked, by trained and IRS-certified volunteers.
- It’s FREE. Don’t pay to have your taxes done when there is opportunity to have them done for free. Save that money instead.
- We’re local to the Tri-Valley. We offer the free tax preparation at our offices in Dublin and at the Pleasanton Library. We even have a drop-off option at the One-Stop.
- We offer the service from the end of January through April 15.
Click on the link below or call us to make an appointment to have your taxes prepared.
Wednesdays at the Tri-Valley Career Center: (925) 560-9431
Saturdays at the Pleasanton Library:(925) 931-3400
Once a month at Las Positas College: (925) 560-9431
In advance of your tax preparation meeting, gather and organize the following documents:
- Photo ID for each person claimed on your tax return
- Social Security card or ITIN for each person claimed on your tax return
- W-2s from all jobs held throughout the previous year
- Savings and checking account numbers, including routing numbers, for direct deposit
- All 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms
- Last year’s tax return
- Property tax bill paid during the tax year
- Records of college-related expenses
- Child care provider information
- Landlord’s name, address and phone number for CA renter’s credit