Peet’s Company Overview
For 50 years, our goal has been to offer the best coffees & teas in the world, without compromise. Since 1966, we’ve journeyed in the pursuit of better – a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better experience for our customers. Every day, our teams strive to deliver on our company’s purpose better than they did the day before. Our values – Mastery, Passion, Authenticity, Community, Ownership and Growth – guide us on this journey.
We’ve learned that the secret to great coffee is the people who make it, and we apply the same care in selecting and preparing our teams as we do when crafting the perfect cup.
Peet’s is currently seeking passionate Assistant Store Managers. The Assistant Store Manager expands and deepens that unwavering commitment to mastery by ensuring unequaled quality and service. They focus on daily operations of the coffebar including sales performance, while ensuring excellent customer service. The Assistant Store Manager drives growth through ownership and authenticity while contributing to the development of our Baristas.
What Does it take to be a Successful Assistant Manager?
- Promotes a culture of authenticity, respect, dignity and integrity.
- Facilitates change and supports employee growth.
- Inspires a shared purpose and engagement.
- Models a passion and commitment to continued success.
Delivers Operational Excellence
- Effectively utilizes tools and has a strong sense of ownership to drive results.
- Has an unwavering commitment to quality of in store operations and customer experience.
- Champions the ongoing spirit of development and professional growth across the team.
- Supports a culture that attracts, retains and develops the highest quality Shift Leaders, Baristas and Team Members.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience as a retail manager/supervisor with superior customer service standards and/or related experience and training.
- Consistently demonstrate performance that embodies Peet’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have a passion for great customer service, with a customer-first and quality-focused mentality.
- Carry themselves professionally, be agile and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Have strong time-management and delegation skills.
- Possess good problem-solving skills and sound judgment.
- Be an excellent communicator, relating well to customers and fellow Peetniks at all levels.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Have the ability to perform various physical tasks during the work shift.
What Benefits do Assistant Store Managers Receive?
At Peet’s we hire the best people and are committed to supporting our employees and rewarding them for their work. That’s one of the reasons we offer the following benefits:
- 401(k) plan, with generous matching
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and sick leave benefits
- Bonus program
- Free coffee and fresh baked goods as well as an employee discount
- College tuition reimbursement program through Oregon State Ecampus
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Our Commitment to the Community
Beyond Coffee, Peetniks are passionate supporters of our community and serving our local communities doesn’t stop at the counter. Peet’s employees take pride in supporting the neighborhoods where they live and work, thorough holiday donation programs and supporting non-profits at home and globally. We believe that Coffee thrives where people do. We support the communities where our beans are grown, lending hands and knowledge to make life and coffee better.
Peet’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about our craft and who we are please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Salary Range DOE