About the company
Apollo Motorhome Holidays is a division of Apollo Tourism & Leisure Ltd (ATL). ATL is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and is a multi-national, vertically integrated manufacturer, rental fleet operator, wholesaler and retailer of a broad range of recreational vehicles, including motorhomes, campervans and caravans.
With locations in Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Canada, opportunities to join our team at any level are endless. Explore a new career in anything from customer service to management, either at our branches or within our Head Office in Brisbane.
Operating 23 branches across Australia and New Zealand, the USA and Canada, Apollo’s continued growth and success ensures career stepping stones are always available.
Your future at Apollo is limited only by your imagination. Our dedication to staff development is a reality, not just a slogan.
With every role making real contributions to the business, you have the unique opportunity to make history as part of the Apollo success story.
About the role
As Guest Service Officer you will play a vital role in our organisation. You will be first point of contact for our International and Domestic guests. If your focus is to always put our guests first, then this role will interest you. The main tasks include serving guests face-to-face and over the phone by
- Entering rental agreements and explaining terms and conditions,
- Demonstrating functions of our motorhomes and campervans,
- Selling liability reduction options and ancillary products and services, e.g. GPS devices, picnic equipment etc.
- Responding to questions,
- Resolving guest relations issues and
- Collecting revenue.
We don’t just sell Motorhome Holidays, we sell an experience!
The position is based at our San Leandro location and requires weekend work as per roster.
Skills and Experiences
We are looking for a well-organised and team-focused individual with high energy levels and a passion for guest service, who can communicate well with people from all walks of life and various cultural backgrounds.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following traits, skills and experiences:
- Previous guest service experience,
- A strong track-record of achieving sales targets
- Solid problem solving abilities,
- Experience in effective complaint handling and conflict resolution,
- Good time and self-management,
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written,
- Sound computer skills,
- Calm and polite composure when under pressure,
- Friendly, positive attitude.
A second language, preferably European such as German, Dutch or French, will be highly regarded. An open driver’s license and immaculate driving record is essential.
Culture and Benefits
We offer an attractive salary package and you will be able to take advantage of our generous staff rental policy. If you are looking for a challenging, yet, rewarding role within a small and supportive team, and you believe you possess the required skills and experiences, then please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Range $13 an Hour