BAUER COMPRESSORS INC. is looking to hire a Parts Sales Representative – Order Processing/Expediting. The Parts Sales Representative – Order Processing/Expediting enters purchase orders, quotes and/or contracts for the part sales department. Answers customer calls for parts orders and quote request. Expedites open orders to ensure best possible delivery performance to the customer. This position reports to the Service Manager .
Expertise, innovation, diversity, quality, reliability, and dedication to our valued customers are reasons why BAUER is recognized as the leader in high pressure compressors.
Include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
Enter into database customer information such as: sold to, ship to, items purchased, etc from purchase orders and/or contracts accepted by the BFL Part Sales Department into ERP system (Made2Manage).
- Receive customer calls for parts orders and quotes and enter directly into M2M.
- Enter/process parts orders through M2M
- Release all part sales order to storeroom for shipping.
- Process shipping documents for carriers such as Fedex, UPS etc.
- Monitor backlog on parts sales and updates due dates of open orders based on projected/updated ship dates.
- Create new shipper for all backorder parts and creates documents for export shipments.
- File invoiced orders.
- Responsible for coding and authorizing payment to carriers for Part Sales Orders.
- Contact for customers expediting orders. Must be able to assist customer with order discrepancies.
- Processing credit card transactions for Part Order Sales.
- Develop tools (reports) in M2M which will help to improve our expediting processes and to manage our backlog (open orders) in the most efficient fashion.
- Provide frequent updates (reports), including but not limited to current Backlog, High priority orders etc. to the Director of Customer Support.
- Continuous improvement of processes related to Parts Sales to increase efficiency.
- Expediting of open orders (locally – and with BCI Norfolk).
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Physically shipping and receiving of spare parts to include MSA orders and compressor units – Forklift certification required.
- Providing parts to technicians for restocking of Service vehicles
- Maintaining/replenishing of stocked parts to include local parts inventory
- Inventory control and accountability for all BAUER and MSA stocked parts
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION
No direct reports.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Self-started / self-motivated
- Technical understanding (basic mechanical and electrical)
- Forklift certified
- Shipping experience (UPS, FedEx and freight forwarder processing).
- Strong technical skills in both Microsoft Excel and Word with an ability to type efficiently and accurately and at a higher than average pace.
- Strong customer service skills accompanied with a high level of professionalism.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Work independently and in a very fast work environment.
- Multi-task and manage time in order to accomplish all tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn M2M software requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Also must be able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to exercise discretion and assist in the development and execution of company policy and procedures.
- Highly customer-focused and have a true “whatever it takes” attitude to ensure a world class Customer Support performance to BAUER internal and external customers.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two-year associates degree in business or a related field.*
- Previous knowledge and experience in order entry, shipping & invoicing procedures* *
- Previous knowledge in processing HAZMAT documents*
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use of eyes for close vision, use hands, fingers, grasp, handle, reach, listen, talk and may need to talk on the telephone while taking notes. Occasionally the employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds or ask for assistance with lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time, with some overtime required. Although the work environment is generally quiet, the noise levels in some manufacturing buildings frequently may exceed the normal dBA. Duties will require this person to travel by foot from one building to another throughout the day and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Job Type: FULL-time
- Salary Range 17 to 20 per hour